As part of the Cycle City Expo weekend in Leeds, we're hosting CTC's Space for Cycling Campaigners' Conference on Saturday 3 May - a workshop for everyone looking to get involved in the Space for Cycling campaign. Visit the CTC page for more information and to register.
Reasons to come to the Conference:
- to find out how you can use the Space for Cycling campaign to improve cycling in your area
- to meet, learn and share ideas from experienced campaigners
- to pick up an ‘Activist Pack’ of Space for Cycling printed campaign and publicity materials
The day will include workshops on:
- Protected and space decent junctions
- Press and social media skills
- Removing through traffic
- How Councils work – and how to get them to listen
- Liveable Town Centres
- Vision and Visualisations
- 20mph and lower speed limits
- Mythbusting and Rebuttals
…..plus Plenary sessions from experienced cycle campaigners from around the country.
A full workshop and speaker timetable is available
Cost: A donation of between £5 – £10 is requested, based on your ability to pay. This is to cover venue hire fees and conference costs. Donations will be collected on the door. This cost does not cover lunch, which can be purchased in the Swarthmore Cafe.
Attendees can also take advantage of reduced price entry to the Cycle City Expo conference on Thursday 1st and Friday 2nd May, and free public events including a Cyclists' Question Time panel discussion on Friday evening.