Leeds City Council Documents
- Leeds Parking Policy - Supplementary planning document - Includes information for number of cycle parking spaces required in new developments.
- Reported Road Casulaties West Yorkshire - 2014
- Making Space for Cycling - A great, easy to read resource showing the types of faccilities we would like implemented.
- Pedallers Arms - a place to come and learn how to repair your bike in a friendly atmosphere.
- UTravelActive - a Big Lottery funded partnership promoting active travel in Leeds among students, university staff and local communities.
- Leeds University's Bicycle User Group.
- British Cycling - national governing body for cycling.
- Rough Stuff Fellowship - for those for whom '..there is no such thing as a dead end.'
Advice & training
- Cyclecraft - guide to safe cycling for adults and children.
- go:cycling 1-1 cycle training from your home or other location and/or cycle maintenance workshops, both at no cost to you.
- Carnegie Bikeability Cycle training - for children & young people of school age in the Leeds area, at no cost to you. Contact your child's school in the first instance to check if they are signed up to Bikeability in Leeds.
Maps and mapping
- Leeds cycling map - north and south. Useful street map of Leeds showing core cycle network routes, cycle lanes, dangerous junctions etc.
- CTC mapping website.
- SUSTRANS National Cycle Network map.
- OpenCycleMap - online cycle map.
- BikeHikeand BikeMaproute creator/viewer.
- Over 600 cycle routes covering the whole of the National Cycle Network in England, Scotland and Wales.
- UtagawaVTT - French language European MTB route database.
- Bike Radar's MTB route guide.
- London Cyclist – How to lock your bike.
- Why Cycle? – Bike locks.
- Going going bike – How I lock my bike
- Police advice – How to lock your bike
- Cycling London online – How to lock your bike
- Jamie Carruther's ultimate guide to locking your bike.
Local Bike Shops
- CycleChic - stylish cycling kit for ladies.
CTC insurance - personal liability/business and cycle cover.
- Bushwacking? Watch out for ticks and Lyme Disease.