The campaign meeting on Monday 11th November will be in one of the cosy downstairs rooms at the Adelphi pub in Leeds. All welcome from 7pm for the campaigning element. The committee will meet between 6-7pm and members are also welcome to attend that part if they wish.
Activities will include:
- Ongoing discussions about plans for the Cycle Cities Ambition funding- there's a consultation just getting underway on cycle parking. Meanwhile plans for the superhighway are under development and work due to start soon on the canal towpath upgrade.
- News from a recent Love Cycling: Go Dutch conference in Newcastle that was full of useful tips about using the health and economic arguments to encourage local authorities to consider cycling.
- Further work on a draft "route evaluation checklist" that might help members to evaluate their local routes or stretches of the Core Cycle Network and make suggestions for improvement.
- Ideas for capitalising on the Tour de France legacy - we need your ideas and thoughts!
- Feedback from the recent CTC/Cyclenation conference and plans for forthcoming events.
Hope to see you there!