Join Leeds Cycling Campaign and make a difference to cycling in Leeds.
- Take part in weekend rides around Leeds and further afield, for all abilities. You could even train to become a ride leader!
- Make sure decision-makers hear and understand about cycling.
- Link with partner organisations including CTC, Sustrans, Cyclenation and local groups.
- Meet up and socialise with other people who cycle, or want to cycle. You could help less confident riders, or pick up tips from experienced cyclists.
- Tell your Councillors and MPs how they can make cycling a natural choice for people like you, in and around Leeds.
How to join:
Visit our membership page, complete the form then pay us. If you have any questions please contact our Membership Secretary (membership <at> leedscyclingcampaign.co.uk). Once you have joined, please allow up to 28 days to receive your membership pack.
What does it cost?
Annual membership covers the year to 31 January. You can join at any time during the year and if you join after 30 November, your membership fee will cover the following year as well. You can join as an individual or as a family depending on which option suits you the best.
- Family membership (up to 2 adults and 3 children; please contact us if your family doesn’t quite fit!) = £14
- Individual membership, waged person = £7 by Standing Order or £9 by other payment methods
- Individual membership, unwaged person = £4
If you'd like to make a donation on top of your membership payment to help our work on improving cycling in Leeds even more, then please see the information on the payments page.
We spend the money on campaigning. It buys publicity banners, stalls at bike shows, and affiliation to national organisations such as CTC - giving us the insurance we need to lead bike rides. We keep proper accounts and aim to be transparent on how we spend your money.
Cycling UK Affiliate Membership for Leeds Cycling Campaign members
As a member of Leeds Cycling Campaign, you can join Cycling UK as an Affiliate Member for just £16. This gives you most of the benefits of full Cycling UK membership, including individual third party insurance and access to a wide range of online retail discounts. Affiliate membership excludes Cycling UK's legal claims advice and the monthly magazine “Cycle”.
Once you've joined Leeds Cycling Campaign, you can join Cycling UK as an affiliate member by visiting the Cycling UK website and entering Leeds Cycling Campaign’s Affiliate Club Code, which you will find on your welcome letter. If you need a reminder of the code, or have any other questions, just email us, contact <at> leedscyclingcampaign.co.uk
Membership benefits (Cycle shop discounts):
- Woodrup Cycles, 345 Kirkstall Road, LS4 2HD. 0113 263 6212 www.woodrupcycles.com - Up to 10% discount on parts and accessories.
- The Bike Shop, 78-84 Crossgates Road, LS15 7NL. 0113 232 8483. www.leedsbicycle.com - 12½% discount on new bikes, 20% on accessories, spares and repairs.
- Evans Cycles, New Station Street, LS1 5DE. 0113 246 9132 www.evanscycles.com - 10% discount.
- Bikology, 154 Hyde Park Road, Hyde Park Corner, LS6 1AG. 0113 224 9982 www.bikology.co.uk - 10% discount on parts and accessories.
- Re-Cycle Engineering, 2 Norwood Mount, (rear of 133 Victoria Road), Headingley LS6 1DU 0113 274 5229 www.rceuk.co.uk - 10% discount on new parts and accessories
- Holy Spokes, 2 Back Lane, Horsforth, Leeds LS18 4RF 0113 258 1318 - 10% off everything except labour charges